Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service is associated with saving and/or sharing given content on a hosting server managed by a website hosting distributor. There are various varieties of hosting services used for various goals, so let's review them. In that way, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you desire to create a website, mail address accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by certain hosts, which permits you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage services often involve adverts by the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular spell of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally inaccurate explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would assign the tasks at hand between individual stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a kind of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some suppliers provide a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you want to share a big quantity of images with pals or partners since the service is usually free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to handling your mail aliases. Some suppliers offer web hosting services for sites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you desire to keep an email address with your domain name but do not want to run a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video clips and several hundred website viewers, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to operate as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to run a website. To a certain extent, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email mailbox accounts, upload videos, and so on. At IT Home Systems, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that allow you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for particular web content only.